We have a giant pep in our step today after hearing the announcement from the Western Australian Government that they will be opening their border from Saturday 14 November this year.
Such wonderful news for all of us waiting eagerly to head to Western Australia and for those WA locals waiting to head out of the State. It is important to note there are some strict protocols you need to follow when travelling as Wendy and myself can attest to – after our recent holiday to the Northern Territory – patience and a complete understanding of the new procedures of travel as borders open is crucial.
Be sure to read the whole article as we have noted some top tips further down the page, this information will assist you with your next Australian holiday and will allow you to Journey On your next trip safely and stress free.
So what does the opening up of the borders mean to you?
If you live in Queensland, the Northern Territory, South Australia, the Australian Capital Territory and Tasmania – from the 14th of November 2020 you will be able to travel into Western Australia without the need to quarantine.
The new process will be:
1. Mandatory G2G declaration to be completed
(full details are pending release, we’ll update this page when this information is made available – as I write this article, the G2G is not reflecting the correct post 14 November requirements).
2. On arrival to Perth Airport you will undergo a health screening and temperature test will – this is mandatory.
3. Be prepared to take a Covid-19 test
Unfortunately at the time I’m writing this, our New South Wales and Victorian friends are not permitted into Western Australia without first quarantining – at their own expense. We hope these restrictions will ease when the Covid-19 cases in each State reduce. Watch this space.
TOP TIPS WE FOUND FROM OUR RECENT TRAVELS:
- Know exactly what restrictions are in place and what paperwork you need well in advance of departure
- Just because everyone is travelling without wearing masks doesn’t mean you should – be sure to understand how your health may be affected should you decide not to mask up.
If you’d like more information, see this article here.
- Don’t be caught at the airport without your entry passes. We found a lot of fellow travellers did not know about the entry permits required into both the Northern Territory and Queensland. This could possibly be a costly oversight if you were not permitted entry.
- The new world of travel is easy when someone manages it for you. Yes I know, Wendy and myself have a vested interest in saying this! But truly, it was a time consuming exercise putting together our travel arrangements and we know what we’re doing. So my biggest advice is to hand your itinerary to a professional and get them to work it out. It will save you a lot of stress and allow you to focus on the important things – like your actual holiday!
When the borders open, you will be able to arrive by train, plane and car.
To call Sara or Wendy and speak about how they can assist you with your holiday arrangements call 1300 068 885